Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pop Art of the Decade




Recently my friend invited me to contribute my Top Ten films, songs, books, albums, etc. to a list he was circulating. The task proved more difficult than I had initially imagined. For starters, I don't read very much in the way of contemporary fiction/non-fiction. And, for example, in my haste to come up with something, I forgot that The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is one of my favorite films of all time, never mind the decade.

What would make your list?

My Top Ten Movies (in no particular order)

WALL-E
Capturing the Friedmans
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Elephant
Gamorrah
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Zodiac
The Royal Tennenbaums
The Fellowship of the Ring
In America

My Top Ten Songs:

Arcade Fire - "No Cars Go"; Radiohead - "How to Disappear Completely"; The Libertines - "Can't Stand Me Now"; M.I.A. - "Paper Planes"; Ryan Adams - "Dear Chicago"; Secret Machines - "Alone, Jealous, and Stoned"; The Thrills - "Nothing Changes Around Here"; The Walkmen - "The Rat"; The Rapture - "House of Jealous Lovers"; Outkast - "Hey Ya!"

My Top Ten Albums:

Bjork, Vespertine
Whiskeytown, Pneumonia
The Walkmen, Bows & Arrows
Arcade Fire, Funeral
The Libertines, The Libertines
The Strokes, Is This It?
British Sea Power, The Decline of British Sea Power
Kanye West, Late Registration
Blur, Think Tank
The Stills, Logic Will Break Your Heart

Honorable Mentions: Jay-Z, The Blueprint; Kings of Leon, Aha Shake Heartbreak

No comments:

Post a Comment