Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Coffee/Album/Film of the Week

Coffee of the week:

Bali - Matt's Coffee


I ordered a 12 oz. valve of wood-roasted Ethiopia Sidamo from Matt's Coffee, which is located in the tiny town of Pownal, ME.  I called the guy up to make sure the order went through, when he put me onto the Bali instead.  I wasn't sure at first; a great deal of coffee from Southeast Asia has an herbal spice to it that is much better for pairing with food than drinking on its own, and I've had iced coffee on the brain lately, so I wanted something with flavors tending toward the sweet and citrusy.

I lucked out.  The Bali ended up having all the notes I was looking for, and then some.  Hints of caramel, guava, and black currant make for an intriguing, well-balanced attack.

1 x 12oz Bali valve = $10.95

Album of the Week:

French Kicks - Two Thousand

This album is real pretty.

Film of the Week:

Army of Shadows, dir Jeane Pierre Melville.


Cool movie about the French Resistance, of which the director was a member.

No comments:

Post a Comment